Central European experience - Prague to Remich
per person sharing
- No children under 8 years allowed
DAY 1: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC.
Welcome to the Golden City of Prague-Explore the City of 100 Spires. Stroll through the exquisite streets of the city and spend a free evening in one of Prague's cafes for dinner and Czech Beer.
DAY 2: PRAGUE.
The Charles Bridge and Europe's Best Beer. CLASSIC - Take a Guided City Walk to visit Hradeany Castle Grounds; see St. Vitus Cathedral, and Astronomical Clock. Later, you may decide to join a Guided Optional Excursion as your expert local guide reveals the secrets of Prague with a visit to Charles Bridge and Mala Strana-two of Prague's most romantic and picturesque spots. Take time to mingle with the locals and be mesmerized by street performers in Wenceslas Square, or browse the market stalls at Charles Bridge. Consider sampling delicious plum dumplings and traditional Pilsner Lager beside the Vltava River. (B)
DAY 3: PRAGUE-NUREMBERG, GERMANY (EMBARKATION).
Living Heritage and History Lessons. In the morning travel to Nuremberg, Germany. CLASSIC - Join a Guided Tour of Nuremberg's medieval architecture, gilded fountain, gothic cathedral, and Kaiserburg Castle. This afternoon, board your Suite Ship in Nuremberg and enjoy a dinner on board. EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO BAMBERG (B,D)
DAY 4: BAMBERG.
One Thousand Years of History in the City of Seven Hills. CLASSIC - Take a Guided Walking Tour of the former home to imperial dynasties, and see its Romanesque cathedral, Old Town Hall, and seven hills crowned with churches. This evening, enjoy onboard entertainment. AFTERNOON/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO WURZBURG (B,L,D)
DAY 5: WURZBURG.
A Pearl, a Painting, and a Glass of Wine for the Perfect Afternoon. CLASSIC - Take a Guided Sightseeing Tour of the "Pearl of the Romantic Road" with its Old Main Bridge, towering fortress, and baroque Bishop's Residenz-with the largest known ceiling fresco. Explore the city on your own or visit a local winery. Later, enjoy onboard entertainment. EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO MAIN RIVER VILLAGE (B,L,D)
DAY 6: MAIN RIVER VILLAGE.
Hidden Gems and Bavarian Beauty of a Main River Village. CLASSIC - Join a Guided Walking Tour of a picturesque Bavarian village. AFTERNOON/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO RUDESHEIM (B,L,D)
DAY 7: RUDESHEIM-RHINE GORGE.
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry in Wine Country. DISCOVERY - Tour the incredible Mechanical Music Museum for a one-of-a-kind instrumental experience, OR; DISCOVERY - Based on your departure date, enjoy either a Coffee Tasting or a Wine Tasting. Cruise through the magnificent Rhine Gorge. AFTERNOON/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO BERNKASTEL (B,L,D)
DAY 8: BERNKASTEL.
Gracious German Vineyards of the Moselle Valley. CLASSIC - Take a Guided Walking Tour of the charming wine village of Bernkastel-with its medieval marketplace and 17th-century half-timbered houses. Spend some free time at your leisure this afternoon-with a hike to view the vast vineyard landscapes, a bike ride through the Renaissance-style village, or relax with a glass of regional wine. DISCOVERY - Join a Wine Tasting to experience the tradition of legendary German wine making. EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO REMICH (B,L,D)
DAY 9: REMICH , LUXEMBOURG. EXCURSION TO TRIER.
Ancient Worlds, Old World Charm, and World-Class Wine. CLASSIC - Take a Guided Sightseeing Tour of Trier-Germany's oldest city with ancient Roman remnants dating from 144-152 AD. Starting from Porta Nigra walk through the city centre, OR: CLASSIC - Join a history-focused Roman Trier Guided Tour to learn more about the history of Roman civilization in this Moselle River city, and visit the ruins of a 20,000-seat amphitheater, and imperial baths. This afternoon, take a Guided Optional Excursion to Luxembourg City-with its dramatic views, ancient ruins, and modern architecture in its deep gorge terrain. OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN REMICH (B,L,D)
DAY 10: REMICH (DISEMBARKATION).
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. Flights should not leave Luxembourg City airport before 8 am. (B)
- Luxury 5* accommodation
- Service of a professional Cruise Director
- All meals and drinks at meal times
- Excursions as per itinerary
- Buy one get one free special offer!
- All flights
- Airport taxes
- Optional facilities
- Shore excursions
- Meals ashore
- Baggage handling
- Beverages not part of the regular menu
- Medical and travel insurance
- Offer subject to availability at time of booking.
- Prices are per person share twin based on best available cruise fare, inclusive of all discounts unless otherwise stated.
- Prices are subject to currency fluctuations and are based on cash or cheque.
- Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply.
- Operator standard terms & conditions apply - please ask for full details at time of enquiry.
2012 ushered in another exciting Suite Ship® cruising along Europe's glorious rivers. The Avalon Visionary delivers an intimate setting, along with two full decks of suites featuring Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Windows that transform the living space into a unique Open-Air Balcony®. With 200 square feet, Panorama Suites are more than 30% larger than the industry standard, giving you the rare opportunity to wake each morning to the enchanting scenery and fresh breezes. Onboard amenities include complimentary computer use in public areas and Wi-Fi access, an expanded Fitness Center, and a spacious Sky Deck with premium lounge chairs, shade system, whirlpool, and the delightful Sky Bistro. See ship details below and view all Avalon Visionary Europe river cruises.
- Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Windows
- Sky Deck with shade awnings
- Non-smoking interior
- Elegant, contemporary design
- Headsets for all guided shore excursions in Europe
- Sightseeing with Certified Local Guides
- Onboard lectures, activities & nightly entertainment
- Room service for Continental breakfast & beverages (service fee applies)
- Complimentary computer use in public areas
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- Biking excursions available in Amsterdam and Durnstein
- Sky Deck game area
- Avalon Choice cruising experience
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- Self-serve beverage station with complimentary tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees
- Fresh fruit available throughout the day
- Sky Deck with premium lounge chairs
- Expanded Fitness Center
- Outside viewing deck
- Friendly, English-speaking crew
- Cruise Director
- Revolutionary engineering
- Sky Deck whirlpool
- Hair salon (manicures available)
- Onboard movie nights
- Bicycles you can check out and use around many port towns for free
- Alternate light lunch and dinner in the Panorama Bistro
- Choice of Leisurely, Traditional or Independent sightseeing options
- Local Favorites onboard experiences with local chefs, entertainers, artisans & experts
- Well-stocked library
- Selection of Local Favorites to bring the customs, cultures, and tastes of your destination to life