Southampton to Cape Town - Queen Mary 2
per person sharing
Are you ready for the experience of a lifetime? Join this mighty 18 night world voyage sector and you can leave everyday life in your wake as you set off on a truly epic adventure, visiting countless destinations across the Orient, Australasia, the Indian Ocean and South Africa.
|Day||Ports of Call||Arrives||Departs|
|Friday 10 January 2014||Southampton|
|Saturday 11 January 2014||At sea|
|Sunday 12 January 2014||At sea|
|Monday 13 January 2014||At sea|
|Tuesday 14 January 2014||Madeira, Portugal|
|Wednesday 15 January 2014||Tenerife, Canary Islands|
|Thursday 16 Janaury 2014||At sea|
|Friday 17 January 2014||At sea|
|Saturday 18 January 2014||At sea|
|Sunday 19 January 2014||At sea|
|Monday 20 January 2014||At sea|
|Tuesday 21 January 2014||At sea|
|Wednesday 22 January 2014||At sea|
|Thursday 23 January 2014||At sea|
|Friday 24 January 2014||At sea|
|Saturday 25 January 2014||Walvis Bay, Namibia|
|Sunday 26 January 2014||At sea|
|Monday 27 January 2014||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Tuesday 28 January 2014||Cape Town, South Africa|
- All meals in our main restaurants
- Daytime activities, including sports courts, whirlpool spa and fully equipped gym
- All evening entertainment, including live comedy, theatre, nightclubs and cinema
- Special interest activities such as Tate Talks
- Tickets and on board extras are priced in Sterling
For the family:
- Children's and teen on board programmes
- On family friendly cruises, receive generous reductions on children's fares, or in some cases children's places are free
- Air conditioned
- Egyptian cotton sheets, tea and coffee making facilities, refrigerator, TV, radio, hair dryer, safe and luxurious pamper packs
- En-suite accommodation and personal steward
- Flights and airport taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Travel to and from Southampton or the airport
- Optional shore excursions at your ports of call
- Coffee and drinks in the bars, all drinks and wines in the restaurant and in your stateroom
- Dinner at the Select Dining venues is by reservation and a Select Dining charge will apply
- Balcony Dining on all ships
- Tips at the end of your cruise
- Any optional purchases made at the various outlets on board i.e. the ship's shops, photo gallery, art auctions etc
- Hairdressing, beauty and spa treatments on all ships
- Selected fitness classes and services
- Telephone calls, faxes, Internet access (where applicable) and e-mails from the cyb@study
- Laundry Service: though there are free launderettes available for your use on board
- Room Service
- A complimentary standard 24 hour room service menu is available. Charges apply to some premium items
- All costs for medicines and treatment in the ships Medical Centre
- Any vaccination or visa costs
Queen Mary 2
Welcome to Queen Mary 2 - the grandest, most magnificent ocean liner ever built. She's a true heir to the timeless elegance, legacy and inspiration of the great Cunard liners of legend. You'll notice it the moment you walk through her doors into her soaring Grand Lobby, and be awed from the first instance you experience the famous Cunard White Star Service.
- Length: 1,132 feet
- Beam: 135 feet
- Beam at Bridge Wings: 147.5 feet
- Draft: 32 feet 10 inches
- Height (Keel to Funnel): 236.2 feet
- Gross Tonnage: Approximately 151,400 gross tonnes
- Guest Capacity: 2,592 lower berths, 3,056 maximum capacity (including third and fourth berths)
- Crew: 1,253
- Cruise Speed: 28.5 knots
- Stabilizers: Two sets
- Located starboard on Deck 3, the Art Gallery features originals and lithographs by great 20th century masters such as Dali, Chagall, Erte and Picasso, as well as renowned contemporary artists such as Alexandra Nechita, Martiros and Bill Mack.
- The forward-facing Atlantic Room features stunning sea views from its Deck 11 vantage point. This private salon hosts daytime card play and other functions, and is available for private events and parties.
- Adjacent to the largest library at sea is our beautiful bookstore and souvenir shop, specialising in nautical literature, posters, postcards, and collectibles.
Canyon Ranch SpaClub®
- Queen Mary 2's 20,000-square foot health club, offers a wide array of pampering possibilities, as the sensational AquaTherapy Centre and well-equipped Fitness Centre. More...
- Just off the Deck 3 grand arcade is Cunard's Chart Room. The room's long shape guarantees a sea view through one of the many picture windows. Do you wish to locate where you are while at sea? Just look at the nautical charts and maps dressing the walls - and the bar itself!
- Savour a martini in this intimate lounge, complete with charming piano music and a detailed scale model of Queen Mary 2 behind the bar.
- With 21 computers available for guest use, you're sure to stay connected during your voyage. A charge will be made for internet & email usage. Plus, 14 WiFi Hotspots are available in public rooms and areas throughout the ship.
- The Monte Carlo-inspired Empire Casino offers a full variety of opportunities to tempt Lady Luck - 13 Gaming Tables, over 120 slot machines, even video poker. Also here is the convenient Casino Bar.
- The Image Gallery, located port side on Deck 3, is completely digital which allows you almost instant access to your photos. We can process your film, print your digital photos and store everything on CD for you. We also have an elegant selection of frames, albums and folios to preserve your memories.
- There are a total of five swimming pools onboard Queen Mary 2, including the Terrace Pool on Deck 8, The Minnows Pool especially for children on Deck 9, the Sun Deck Splash Pool on the top of the ship, and our most popular Pavilion Pool on Deck 12 which features a retractable dome for any weather!
Golden Lion Pub
- Darts, karaoke and ale - everything you'd expect of an authentic English pub. There's even a traditional Pub Lunch served every day, with classic favourites such as fish & chips and cottage pie.
- Named for her shipyard hull number, Queen Mary 2's two-level disco occupies a discreet location aft of the Queens Room on Deck 3, and features a contemporary style with both a DJ and live dance band.
- The Grand Lobby towers over three decks high, and is graced with two sweeping grand staircases. It's also home to the spectacular Bronze Relief, with beautiful lighting effects that change throughout the day. The Lobby features elegant music that sets a sophisticated tone, from harpists to string quartets.
- A shipboard Planetarium offering a variety of constellation shows and virtual reality rides through the skies, which also serves as the ship's movie theatre and lecture hall... More...
- Linger over more than 8,000 books, at the largest library at sea. Ask our Librarian to help you find your favourite authors, from Tolstoy to Jackie Collins.
- This unique exhibition located throughout the ship's corridors and stairwells unveil Cunard Line's proud history from Sir Samuel Cunard's first venture across the Atlantic in 1840 to the building of Queen Mary 2.
- Fine shopping from top boutiques and brands such as Harrods, H. Stern's, Chopard, Hermés and more - from voyage souvenirs to exquisite jewellery and high fashion.
- Welcome to the largest ballroom ever to sail the seas.
Royal Court Theatre
- Enjoy lavish musical revues and guest entertainers in this two-level, multi-tiered theatre, seating 1,105 guests.
- This venue, named for our esteemed founder Samuel Cunard, serves coffees, cappuccinos and a light menu by day. Afternoons and evenings, enjoy a variety of fine wines by the glass with your fellow guests.
- Deck 12 and 13 offer golf simulators, a putting green, paddle tennis, basketball, pools, shuffleboard and more.
The Zone/The Play Zone
- These special venues host Cunard's Children's Programme, offering activities and entertainment for our youngest guests from ages 3-6, to children aged 7-12 to teens aged 13-17.
Veuve Clicquot® Champagne Bar
- Positioned off Deck 3's Grand Lobby, this refined salon makes a perfect meeting ground. Guests may choose among seven different Veuve Clicquot champagnes.