The Legendary Danube Cruise - Prague to Budapest
per person sharing
DAY 1: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC.
Welcome to the Golden City of Prague-Explore the City of 100 Spires. Enjoy free time to explore the Golden City and its surrounding countryside. Consider sampling delicious plum dumplings and traditional Pilsner lager beside the Vltava River.
DAY 2: PRAGUE.
Gothic Cathedrals, Grand Castles, and Great Cuisine. CLASSIC - Take a Guided City Walk to visit Hradeany Castle Grounds; see St. Vitus Cathedral, and Old Town's Astronomical Clock. Take time to mingle with the locals, watch street performers in Wenceslas Square, or browse the market stalls at Charles Bridge. In the evening, you might like to attend an Optional Folklore Dinner Show, sampling traditional Czech cuisine in an authentic Prague setting. (B)
DAY 3: PRAGUE-NUREMBERG, GERMANY (EMBARKATION).
The Secret Romance of Picturesque Prague. The morning is free to explore Prague on your own to enjoy the stunning architectural beauty of the city. You might choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion to reveal the secrets of Prague as your expert local guide takes you to Charles Bridge and Mala Strana-two of Prague's most romantic and picturesque spots. This afternoon, board your Suite Ship in Nuremberg and enjoy a dinner on board. OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN NUREMBERG (B,D)
DAY 4: ROTH. EXCURSION TO NUREMBERG.
Living Heritage and History Lessons. Start the day with a Morning Stretch with the Avalon Adventure Host, and dock in Roth for a day of fascinating excursions. CLASSIC - Choose a Guided Tour of Nuremberg's medieval architecture, gilded fountain, gothic cathedral, and Kaiserburg Castle, OR: CLASSIC - Take a Guided Tour of the historic Nuremberg Rally Grounds-used by the Third Reich. DISCOVERY - Enjoy an Onboard Lecture about the Main-Danube Canal-linking these two rivers to make a vital connection enabling navigation between the North and Black Seas. AFTERNOON/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO REGENSBURG (B,L,D)
DAY 5: REGENSBURG.
Magical Regensburg-Bavaria's Medieval Miracle. CLASSIC - Join a Guided City Walk of the Old Town to see the Altes Rathaus (Old Town Hall) and Porta Pretoria-built in 179AD as the entrance to Castra Regina fortress. You may choose to join a Guided Optional Excursion to visit the Benedictine Monastery in Weltenburg. Spend a free afternoon exploring Regensburg on foot or by bike through its charming streets. DISCOVERY - Later, indulge in a Beer Tasting on board. This evening, enjoy live entertainment after dinner as you cruise toward Passau. EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO PASSAU (B,L,D)
DAY 6: PASSAU.
Go for Baroque in Passau-Where the Danube, Inn, and Ilz Rivers Meet. CLASSIC - Join a Guided City Walk to learn more about this beautiful "City of Three Rivers," OR: Join a full day Guided Optional Excursion to Salzburg-the city of Mozart-or a full day Guided Optional Excursion to the picturesque Bohemian town of Cesky Krumlov. Sail to Linz this afternoon, or join your ship after your selected full-day excursion. LINZ, AUSTRIA: The Linzer Torte and a Legendary Love of Art and Music. Enjoy a free afternoon to linger in Linz. Take a bicycle from the ship and cycle along the Danube, or follow one of Linz's many nature trails for a bird's-eye view of the city and river below. OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO MELK (B,L,D)
DAY 7: MELK-WACHAU VALLEY.
Striking Frescoes and Breathtaking Views of the Wachau Valley. CLASSIC - Take a Guided Tour of Melk's magnificent Benedictine Abbey to marvel at its frescoed ceilings, statues, incredible library, and ornate pipe organ, OR: ACTIVE - Join your Avalon Adventure Host for a Morning Hike through Melk's beautiful countryside. Enjoy a coffee or a cocktail on the Sky Deck as you sail through the picturesque Wachau Valley to Vienna. VIENNA: Vienna Waltzes and the Beautiful Blue Danube. This evening, you may choose to attend an Optional Excursion to a Royal Waltz Concert for an unforgettable evening of music in an elegant hall. OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN VIENNA (B,L,D)
DAY 8: VIENNA.
Royal Collections, Amusing Attractions, and Culinary Confections. CLASSIC - Venture into the Habsburg empire this morning on a Guided City Tour of Vienna's gilded landmarks. See the Imperial Palace complex-the winter residence of the Imperial Family, the historic Vienna Opera House and stunning St. Stephen's Cathedral. Join a Guided Optional Excursion to Schonbrunn Palace-a Habsburg Empire summer home for 300 years. This afternoon, enjoy free time to take a tram to visit Austria's Prater amusement park or one of the many museums nearby. You may also decide to borrow a bike from the ship to explore the streets and squares of Vienna, or ride along the banks of the Danube at your leisure. Later, relax on board with live entertainment as you sail to Budapest. EVENING/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO BUDAPEST (B,L,D)
DAY 9: BUDAPEST, HUNGARY.
The Pearl of the Danube in the Heart of Europe. CLASSIC - Enjoy a Guided City Sightseeing, including the iconic Heroes' Square. Take free time to enjoy Budapest's famed thermal baths. You can also take a scenic hike in the hills above the Danube. Take time to explore the city's cafes, pubs, and nightlife at your leisure. OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN BUDAPEST (B,L,D)
DAY 10: BUDAPEST (DISEMBARKATION).
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- Luxury 5* accommodation
- Service of a professional Cruise Director
- All meals and drinks at meal times
- Excursions as per itinerary
- Buy one get one free special offer!
- All flights
- Airport taxes
- Medical and travel insurance
- Optional facilities
- Shore excursions
- Meals ashore
- Baggage handling
- Beverages not part of the regular menu
- Offer subject to availability at time of booking.
- Prices are per person share twin based on best available cruise fare, inclusive of all discounts unless otherwise stated.
- Prices are subject to currency fluctuations and are based on cash or cheque.
- Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply.
- Operator standard terms & conditions apply - please ask for full details at time of enquiry.
A brand new kind of ship, the Avalon Panorama set sail in 2011, taking inspired design to a whole new level. A unique Suite Ship®, the Avalon Panorama was the first of its kind in the industry with two full decks of suites featuring a Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Window that transforms the living space into a unique Open-Air Balcony®. As you cruise along Europe's finest rivers, enjoy the fresh breeze and enchanting scenery from the comfort of your suite. With 200 square feet, the Panorama Suite is more than 30% larger than the industry standard, and it gives you the unparalleled opportunity to wake up each morning facing the magnificent passing scenery. Exciting onboard amenities include complimentary computer use in public areas and Wi-Fi access, a well-stocked library, an expanded Fitness Center, and a spacious Sky Deck with premium lounge chairs, shade system, whirlpool, and delightful Sky Bistro. There's no better way to cruise in Europe than in the spacious comfort offered on the Avalon Panorama.
- Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Windows
- Sky Deck with shade awnings
- Expanded Fitness Center
- Outside viewing deck
- Friendly, English-speaking crew
- Cruise Director
- Revolutionary engineering
- Complimentary computer use in public areas
- Lounges and upscale bar serving premium spirits
- Onboard movie nights
- Bicycles you can check out and use around many port towns for free
- Avalon Choice cruising experience
- Choice of Leisurely, Traditional or Independent sightseeing options
- Local Favorites onboard experiences with local chefs, entertainers, artisans & experts
- Onboard assistance is available to recommend, reserve and further personalize your cruise
- Sky Deck game area
- Well-stocked library
- Fresh fruit available throughout the day
- Sky Deck with premium lounge chairs
- Sky Deck whirlpool
- Non-smoking interior
- Elegant, contemporary design
- Headsets for all guided shore excursions in Europe
- Sightseeing with Certified Local Guides
- Onboard lectures, activities & nightly entertainment
- Room service for Continental breakfast & beverages (service fee applies)
- Hair salon (manicures available)
- Self-serve beverage station with complimentary tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees
- Biking excursions available in Amsterdam and Durnstein
- Alternate light lunch and dinner in the Panorama Bistro
- Behind-the-scenes ship tour
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- English-speaking TV channels with over 100 free movie options
- Delectable petite portions of regional specialties, with wines, in the Panorama Bistro
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access
- Complimentary maps
- Selection of Local Favorites to bring the customs, cultures, and tastes of your destination to life